Monday, August 31, 2009

Three

The other day I found a site with "Grunge Textures" for Photoshop. I looked at some of the pictures that had used them and they made the rather normal pictures look amazing! So I figured now is my time to try it out!

So today I went to do some senior pictures this morning and left a little early. It was really foggy outside, and I thought it would be the perfect lighting to take some fun contrasty pictures. It was! I found a sweet abandoned couch in an unbuilt neighborhood, and thought it looked pretty fun! So I made some standard corrections and came up with this picture. Then I added a "weathered wood" texture overlay, and created this bad boy!

Then I tried some "weathered barn siding" Which I also like. The horizontal lines make it look like it should be on the cover of and Indie Band's CD!

Then I tried this scratched "aircraft aluminum" which I still think looks pretty cool, but of the three its my least favorite.



All in all, I enjoyed trying these out! It was way fun, and the texture overlays are free at Grunge Textures. Try some out and let me know what yours ended up looking like!

No comments:

Post a Comment